Marathon Runners Wanted
The Friends of the Public Garden has been invited to participate in the John Hancock Non-Profit Marathon Program which enables organizations to offer athletes marathon race entries in exchange for fundraising. Team Friends of the Public Garden has FOUR guaranteed entries for the 2013 Boston Marathon scheduled for April 15, 2013. Athletes are required to raise a minimum of $5,000 to support the mission of the Friends to preserve, protect and enhance the Public Garden, the Boston Common and the Commonwealth Avenue Mall.
Interested athletes should submit an application form as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and prospective team members will be contacted.
For an application email TeamFriends@friendsofthepublicgarden.org
The Friends of the Public Garden will offer the benefits below to the athletes in exchange for raising a guaranteed minimum amount to support the work of the Friends.
- Guaranteed Entry into the 2013 Boston Marathon®
- Expert marathon training provided by Fitcorp and weekend training runs.
- Individual fundraising website for each runner on Crowdrise.com
- Ongoing fundraising support from Team Friends program staff
- Monthly Team meetings to share fundraising tips and successes and important race information.
- A Team Friends branded race day singlet and training shirt
- Pre-race pasta dinner
For more information contact: TeamFriends@friendsofthepublicgarden.org